Introduction

Edit 11/21/17: Was taking a look back at my first post and realized that the "Introduction article" doesn't really introduce anything. So this should fix that.

Hey everyone, my name is Daniel Aparicio, a lifelong gamer and current master's student in game design at Full Sail University where I work in the Orlando UX lab as a game user researcher.

I got a degree in Psychology from Christopher Newport University where I worked in a couple of research labs (dealing with evolutionary and social psychology) where I discovered my love for conducting research. I originally had the intention of pursuing a master's and PhD in Industrial/Organizational Psychology but luckily for me, I got rejected from all 15 schools I applied to (I think I would've hated it to be honest).

During the "oh shit what the hell do I do now" period I discovered the field of User Experience and immediately became enraptured by it, especially when discovering a lot of video game companies have departments dedicated to this. Realizing that my knowledge and skillset were the perfect thing to become a UX researcher for video games I learned as much as I could about what it takes to break into the industry.

During my searches, I had found the master's program at Full Sail which just so happened to have their own UX lab, and voila, here I am getting my master's degree learning how to do exactly what I need to know to become a game user researcher.

So I guess it's all worked out more or less, I just need to get that first job once I graduate, but I am confident that there are people out there that want someone like me :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


The original post (2/16/17):

Being a current student in the Game Design Master's Program at Full Sail University, I decided that it would probably be a good idea to start writing a blog about my thoughts on games...

So here it is. My very own blog. Look at me now mom. But in all seriousness, I will probably be writing reviews and my thoughts on games I am playing or just finished, as well as my current work that I'm doing inside, and outside of school.

Speaking of schoolwork, I should probably go start doing that. So I will be back and most likely write something about my thoughts on Uncharted 3, which I just finished two days ago.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Defining and Measuring Player Immersion

My thoughts on Uncharted 3

My thoughts on Hearthstone, and Magic: The Gathering